Thanks for stopping by! There are several mistakes you want to avoid when moving up to a larger home or selling your property. I’ve narrowed the list down to the most important seven, which I want to discuss today.
- Failing to “dress” your property for sale. How you initially position the property in the market is very important. We’ve talked in the past about how if you want to put your best foot forward, you need to stage it so that it looks good, smells good, and feels good.
- Pricing your home incorrectly. You need a pricing strategy that’s going to attract the most amount of buyers. At HomeSmiths, our price range positioning strategy is designed to expand the pool of buyers potentially searching for your home.
- Limiting the marketing of your home. You want to expose your home to the most amount of people in the marketplace. Our job is to get as many footsteps to your front door as possible. For this we have a 151-step system that we use to sell and get top-dollar for all of our properties.
- Thinking that an online source is the real value of your home. Zillow and Realtor.com offer instant home valuations and are good places to start, but you need a full equity analysis to get your home’s true value.
- Not understanding your rights and obligations. Make sure that you’re walking through each page of that contract and understanding your rights and obligations.
- Signing a listing agreement with no way out. Many agents in the marketplace will try to sign you up for six months or longer. To guarantee that we live up to your expectations on a day-to-day basis, we offer a one-day listing that allows you to fire us at any time if you’re dissatisfied.
- Selecting the wrong broker. How long have they been in the business? What’s their track record? How many houses have they sold? These are questions you absolutely need to know before hiring your broker.
Hopefully, this list of costly issues will be helpful to you and give you a better idea of the right way to get your home sold. As always, we want to thank you for watching our video. We’re here to serve with expert advice and guaranteed results. Give us a call or shoot us an email if you have any questions.